I had a thought and decided to write it down. Welcome to the rantings of someone who decided to write down his thoughts on mysticism, politics, anthropology, science, and art.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

And Other Crack Pot for South Carolina

I must admit, I love South Carolina. It's my home state after all. I was born and raised there. But my love for my home state is kind of like my love for people : I want to love them, I want to have faith in them... but, dear lord, every time I give them a chance they go and blow it. Hence my constant deposition of disappointment.

Aside from Governor Mark Stanford's affair, and him deliberately making the whole thing worse after Michael Jackson died; or SC democrats nominating Alvin Greene, a complete moron, for the Senate seat; or House Representative Joe Wilson calling the President a liar in front of Congress; or Senator Jake Knotts calling Nikki Haley a "towelhead"; or even in 1844 SC Senator Preston Brooks beating a Massachusetts Senator with his cane in front of Congress (Charles Sumner had it coming)... and so on... South Carolina has a new one to add to their list : Miriam Smith : Link Here.

Miriam gives a whole new definition to the term "Bible Beater", and, consequently, what happens to Bible-Eaters. Her nephew's pitbull was chewing on her bible and she hung the bitch from a tree with an electrical chord and burned the dog alive. I believe Adolf Hitler would have had a hard time stomaching this act. She claims she did it because the dog could be a danger to the neighborhood children. Right, just like the Jews were a danger to the State of Germany. Bullshit.

This so happens to be another instance of the pure ignorance brought about by the devoutly religious. We only need to consider what happened to the promising young scientist Kurt Wise, who turned down everything for the Word of God.

Not to bash on religion, but the devoutly religious can be absolutely stupid. But then again I have met some really stupid Atheist before, but they at least never did anything incredibly moronic on account of their lack of faith. Then again, two of my closest friends happen to be Catholic (both believe in evolution, but only one believes in the Big Bang).

It's not so much of a question as does religion make people stupid? But more so where does stupidity come from? Thanks to Miriam Smith religion has happen to hit an new low thanks to you, as does South Carolina. I want to love you SC, but you constantly disappoint me... hence why I moved to Massachusetts.

No comments:

Post a Comment