I had a thought and decided to write it down. Welcome to the rantings of someone who decided to write down his thoughts on mysticism, politics, anthropology, science, and art.

Monday, October 17, 2011

The Rule : There Will Always be an Exception

So I recently received some grief for my Southern Nice posting, because not everyone is like that. I am really only writing this to illustrate this point once and for all, so I don't have to reiterate this point on every post :

There will always be an exception to the rule.

That's the rule. Nothing goes faster than the speed of light, except neutrinos. Steve Jobs was an evil, greedy man who did absolutely no charity, except when he gave computers to schools (hardly charity work, considering it was a marketing campaign). Jesus was a great and moral teacher and human being, except in the Infancy Gospel. Christians are some of the most intolerable people I have ever met, with the exception of a few I have met in my life that I would actually call Christ-like. Southerns are racist, with the exception of a few (that exceptional few don't include people who like their drug dealer, who tends to be African American or Hispanic). Infinity will always be equal to infinity, except in Cantor Sets. Need I go further?

There will always be an exception. I am only writing this so I can paste a link of this into future blog postings so I never have to write this again.

My blogs end with a picture, except this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment